Egg Fried Rice is prepared under 30 minutes, including cooking rice freshly, However it can be made using leftover rice too. Egg Fried Rice is wholesome and nutritious on it’s own and does not need any side dish, but can be served with a simple vegetable salad if desired, you can also serve Egg Fried Rice with any indo chinese foods like manchurian or chilli potato.
250 gms Rice
750 ml Water
01 tbl Spoon Oil
01 tsp Salt
03 tbl Spoon Oil
02 Garlic Cloves
01 Spring Onion
01 tbl Spoon Capsicum
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp White Pepper Powder
1/2 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
Egg Fried Rice
1) Wash and rinse the rice with water, discard the water, keep rice aside.
2) Boil water with salt and oil in a cooking pot and when the water is boiling add the rice from Step 1.
3) Cook until the rice grain is cooked enough to break easily when placed beween fingers, the rice should be slightly undercooked than normal for preparing Egg Fried Rice.
4) Run the rice through cold water to stop the cooking process and add oil and stir well, keep aside for later use.
5) To a chinese wok, add oil and vegetables and saute` well along with eggs cooking at a high flame, Chinese recipes including Egg Fried Rice should be cooked at a high flame.
6) Add salt and white pepper, saute` for a while and add the rice and toss well all the veggies, egg and rice together along with some dark soy sauce.
7) Garnish with greens stalks of the spring onions, serve Egg Fried Rice hot wit some Chicken Manchurian, enjoy 🙂