Chicken Crockpot Recipe Thigh-Recipe 1
- Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Ingredient Checklist
- 4 eaches skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
Lay chicken thighs into the bottom of a 4-quart slow cooker.
Whisk soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, and basil together in a bowl; pour over the chicken.
Cook on Low for 6 hours.
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Thigh-Recipe 2
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds and chopped cilantro for garnish
- 2 tablespoons green onions sliced
- Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Season the chicken thighs generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side until deep golden brown.
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker.
- NOTE: you can skip the browning process if you prefer and simply season the thighs with salt and pepper then add them to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, ketchup, soy sauce, honey and sesame oil. Pour the sauce over the chicken thighs.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 3 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 1/4 cup cold water. Add the cornstarch mixture to the slow cooker.
- Cook for 1 more hour or until sauce has just thickened. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions, then serve.
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Thigh-Recipe 3
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 bone-in or boneless chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 1/4 c. honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. freshly minced ginger
- 2 tbsp. Sriracha
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cooked rice, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and sear until golden, 3 minutes per side. Transfer to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, ginger, Sriracha, and lime juice. Pour sauce over chicken and toss until coated.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours, or on high for 2 hours, until no longer pink.
- Serve over rice.
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Thigh-Recipe 4
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (2 to 2 1/2 pounds total)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- One 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, optional
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Coat the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray and add the chicken thighs. In a glass measuring cup, whisk together the honey, ketchup, soy sauce, oregano, pepper flakes, garlic and ginger and pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low until the chicken is cooked through and tender, 5 to 6 hours. Turn off the heat, uncover and let rest for about 10 minutes before serving. The chicken and sauce can be served as-is or, for a thicker sauce, remove the chicken and set aside, covered, to keep warm, then turn the slow cooker to high. Stir the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water together until it resembles heavy cream. Pour the mixture into the sauce, cover and cook until the sauce is thick and bubbling, about 30 minutes. (The mixture must come to a boil to activate the starch and thicken the sauce.) Return the chicken back to the sauce and heat the chicken through, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken and sauce to a platter, sprinkle with the sesame seeds and scallions and serve hot with rice.