Steamed Mediterranean Easy Cod Recipe: One of the Best Instant Pot recipes
Join my Facebook group Here:
Check full Blog Post Here:
Welcome to World Good Foods! Ready to cook with your instant pot? Let´s get started and present this fabulous cod recipe I came across a couple of weeks ago and I would like to share wit you guys!
A delicious and healthy Mediterranean cod instant pot recipe that’s fragrant with fresh rosemary and thyme is on the table in less than half an hour. The salty tartness of the olives and capers add excitement to the sweet cherry tomatoes.
This instant pot recipe is also great for other white fish such as tilapia or pollock and even salmon, both working wonders for steamed fish recipes.
This healthy and delicious Mediterranean cod fish recipe can be made ready within 30 minutes and it is so easy to make it. How to steam fish properly is the key to cooking this recipe successfully, but by using the instant pot, it becomes extremely easy!
So first of all, what ingredients do we do in order to cook this delicious steamed fish recipe?
Here is the complete list of ingredients to get ready in your shopping basket as well as the cooking instructions:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Calories per portion: 310
• 4 cod fillets (about 2 lb.)
• 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 lb. ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
• 2 tbsp. capers
• 4 green onions, sliced
• 6 sprigs thyme
• 4 sprigs rosemary
• Salt and black pepper
1. Add the tomatoes and green onions to a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil and coat the tomatoes and green onions. Spread a layer of ½ the tomato and green onion mixture in the steamer basket of the instant pot and top with ½ the thyme and rosemary.
2. Brush the cod fillets with the remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Note that the olives and capers are salty. Place onto the layer of the tomato mixture in the steamer basket.
3. Sprinkle over the remaining tomato-green onion mixture, the olives, capers and herbs.
4. Pour a cup of water into the Instant Pot, add the steamer basket and set to Manual (Less/Low) for 5 minutes. When done do a quick release of the instant pot pressure.
5. Remove the fish to a serving dish. Remove the rosemary and thyme sprigs and pour the tomato, olive, caper and green onion mixture over the fish. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and garnish with rosemary and thyme sprigs.
And then this is it! One of the best cod recipes I have ever tried, and all quick and easy! I really love it.
It smells so good that it’s hard to resist from taking a bite from this delicious and easy cod recipe.
You can smell all the flavors and aroma and the steam rising from the fillets is a sight to behold. Before you plunge in and start devouring the healthy and nutritional Mediterranean cod recipe, I think you can further enhance the taste of this dish.
Consider garnishing with some thinly sliced fennel bulb, few lemon slices and sprigs of tarragon or dill over the cod fillets.
Do you have any further tips you may add? Do you really think using the instant pot is one of the best tools when wondering how to steam fish? Have you tried it with Pollock? Would you turn this in a tilapia recipe?
Do not forget to let us know how you liked this instant pot recipe by leaving a comment!