What’s for Dinner | Meals for the Week | Easy Meals and Slow Cooker Recipes | Easy Dinner Ideas
Today I will be sharing with you a week of meals. This video is in Collaboration with my very good friend Heather from a Sweet Simple Life! Please go show her some love and support once you are done watching this video! Link below👇
Heather’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sweet_simplelife/
Other Videos you might like:
My Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Recipe: https://youtu.be/kSBHP6d_j3Q
My Slow Cooker : https://amzn.to/2XHp41u (Amazon Canada)
https://amzn.to/2WEgeoJ (Amazon U.S)
Beef Stew Recipe:
4 lbs of Chuck Roast (shoulder) or sirloin tip roast, cut into bite size pieces
¼ cup of All Purpose Flour
3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
2 Onions, cut into bite size pieces
1 lb Potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
1 cup of Red Wine (optional; can add extra beef broth instead)
5 Carrots, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
3 Stalks of Celery, cut into bite size pieces
4 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
¼ cup of Tomato Paste
3 1/2 cups of Beef Broth
1 Bay Leaf, dried or fresh
1 Tbsp of Fresh Thyme
1 Tbsp of Fresh Rosemary, minced
1 cup of Frozen but thawed Baby Peas (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Add the oil to a large pot and preheat it over high heat until the oil is so hot that it starts to smoke a little.
2) Add the beef and season with salt and pepper, cook it for about 5 to 7 minutes or until seared well on all sides. Remove from the pan onto a plate and set aside.
3) To the same pan with add the onions, carrots, potatoes, garlic, and celery, season with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes or until the veggies develop some color.
4) Add the flour and stir well, continue to stir wile cooking the flour for about 2 minutes. Add the wine and using a wooden spoon, scrape the pan to lift off all those browned bits.
5) Add the tomato paste and stir well, add the beef broth, the bay leaf and the thyme and rosemary and bring the mixture up to a boil. Add the browned meat back in and reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for about 2 ½ hours checking on it periodically.
6) After 2 ½ hours, remove the lid and turn the heat up to medium high, taste for seasoning and adjust if you feel necessary, add the peas and cook for about 2 more minutes.
Ladle up and enjoy!
Recipe By: Laura Vitale
Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIK-GQ2uplg
Chicken Casserole Seasoning Blend:
• 5 tablespoons dried minced onions or 5 teaspoon of onion powder
• 7 teaspoons parsley flakes
• 4 teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Mix it all together and place in an airtight container