Grilled cheese sandwiches with gooey melted cheese, summer roasted tomatoes, fresh basil and crispy buttery bread slices. One of the best breakfast or lunch ideas for summer days.
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
Makes about 4 sandwhiches
9 oz (250g) cherry tomatoes, halved
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil
1/2 tsp (2g) salt
Freshly ground black pepper
For the sandwhiches
1 1/2 cup (150g) cheddar cheese, grated
Butter, room temperature
Fresh basil leaves
8 bread slices
1. Prepare roasted tomatoes. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a medium bowl, toss together tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Place tomatoes to a baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes until tomatoes are roasted.
5. Prepare the sandwiches. Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat. Spread butter on the sides of the bread. With butter side down, top with cheddar cheese, roasted tomato and basil leaves. Top with the other slice of bread, butter side up.
6. Place the sandwich on the pan and cook until the bottom is golden brown, for about 3 minutes. Flip, press with a spatula and cook the other side until crispy, golden brown and cheese is melted.
7. Serve immediately.
Background music Here it comes – https://www.audionetwork.com/browse/m/track/here-it-comes_78489?st=quicksearch&ref=here-it-comes