Healthy Sheet Pan Recipes For Dinner
Recipes For Dinner Healthy Sheet Pan-Recipe 1
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into ½ inch cubes (about 2 cups cubed sweet potatoes)
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets (from about half a head of cauliflower)
- 1 yellow onion, cut into chunks
- 3 large carrots, sliced into ½ inch thick chunks (or use 6 small heirloom rainbow carrots)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Lots of freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup unsweetened dried cherries (or dried cranberries)
- ¼ cup diced cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped roasted pistachios (or sub roasted chopped almonds)
For the feta yogurt sauce:
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt (whole milk or 2%)
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water, to thin
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet or two small baking sheets with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
- Add chicken thighs, sweet potato cubes, cauliflower, onion chunks, carrot chunks into a large bowl. Add in olive oil, turmeric, cinnamon, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper. Use clean hands to toss all of the ingredients together until well combined and spices evenly coat chicken and veggies. Pour onto prepared baking sheet (or evenly divide between two baking sheets.) You’ll want to group the vegetables as best as possible: carrots in one section, chicken in one section, cauliflower in one section and sweet potatoes and onions in one section (as indicated in the photos). Bake for 25-35 minutes, rotating the pan(s) and stirring vegetables halfway through to encourage even cooking. You’ll know it’s done when the carrots and sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- While the meal is cooking, you can make the feta yogurt sauce by adding the garlic, yogurt, feta, lemon juice and water to a food processor; process until smooth. Add a bit of salt and pepper to taste and process once more. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Once chicken and veggies are done cooking, remove from oven and immediately sprinkle dried cherries, cilantro and pistachios on top. You can either drizzle the feta yogurt sauce on top of the sheet pan meal or serve it on the side for people to enjoy as they so choose. Serves 4.
Recipes For Dinner Healthy Sheet Pan-Recipe 2
- 2 small heads cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
- 1/4 cup + 2 teaspoons avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless skin-on chicken breasts
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine-nuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Kosher salt & pepper
- For serving, optional:
- 12 ounces gluten-free (or regular) pasta such as spaghetti or fettuccine
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- On a large 10×15 or 12×18 sheet pan or large 9×12 baking pan, toss the cauliflower with 1/4 cup avocado oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper. Spread the cauliflower out into an even layer, add the fresh thyme sprigs, and roast for 25 minutes on the bottom rack, tossing every 10 minutes to help the cauliflower evenly brown.
- Meanwhile, if serving with pasta, bring a large pot of water to boil.
- While the cauliflower roasts, heat a large skillet over medium heat (I use a cast-iron skillet). Rub the skins of the chicken with the 2 teaspoons avocado oil and sprinkle with a few pinches each of salt and pepper. Place the chicken skin-side down on the hot pan and cook until the skin is golden brown and crispy, 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a plate, skin-side up until the cauliflower is ready.
- Pull the cauliflower out of the oven and toss with parmesan, butter, and lemon zest. Nestle the chicken into the cauliflower so it rests on the bottom of the pan with cauliflower all around. Return the pan to the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes longer until the chicken registers 165°F.
- If serving with pasta, cook the pasta according to the instructions, then toss with butter, olive oil, lemon juice, and parmesan. Set aside for serving.
- When the chicken is done, toss the cauliflower with lemon juice and sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve the chicken and cauliflower over pasta.
Recipes For Dinner Healthy Sheet Pan-Recipe 3
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 1 cup snap peas
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: sesame seeds and green onions
- For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To make the sauce: In a small saucepan, heat soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, honey, garlic and ginger on medium heat and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and allow sauce to simmer, whisking occasionally, until sauce is thick and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Spread chicken and chopped veggies on a baking sheet sprayed with PAM cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle half the sauce over the chicken and veggies (reserving the other half for later) and toss to combine. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, tossing halfway through, and continue cooking until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Drizzle remaining sauce over top and sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve over brown rice or quinoa and enjoy!
Recipes For Dinner Healthy Sheet Pan-Recipe 4
- 1 pound 25/30 count shrimp with tails and shells left on
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic , pressed or grated
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried bread crumbs , finely ground
- Rinse, shell, and devein the shrimp leaving the tails on, then transfer to a bowl. Drizzle the shrimp with the olive oil, pressed garlic, lemon juice and zest, parsley, oregano, kosher salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Pour the dried breadcrumbs into a shallow bowl. Gently shake off the extra marinade then lightly dredge each shrimp in the breadcrumbs and place in rows on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes or until the shrimp are opaque in the center and the bread crumbs begin to brown. Serve warm with a squeeze of extra lemon if desired.