Chicken Jalapeno Crockpot Recipe 1
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/4 cup minced jalapeno peppers (fresh or pickled, whichever you prefer) (can you more to taste)
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 mayo
- 1/3 cup bacon bits (or cooked bacon pieces)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder, generously. Place in crock pot. I like to use a slow cooker liner for this recipe and anything else creamy for easy clean up. Add onion, jalapeno peppers and cream cheese. Cook on low for 6 hours. Shred chicken with 2 forks in the crock pot. Add mayo and cooked bacon pieces and stir to combine.
Combine cheddar, Parmesan and Ritz cracker crumbs. Sprinkle of chicken. Pour melted butter over the top and replace lid. Cook for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on hamburger buns with extra peppers for those that like it spicy and ENJOY!!!!
Chicken Jalapeno Crockpot Recipe 2
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 can (10.5 oz) Muir Glen™ diced tomatoes, undrained
- Toasted Bacon Bread Crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 slices diced cooked bacon
- 2/3 cup Progresso™ plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup milk
- Buns and Optional Topping
- 4 large buns
- 1/2 cup pickled sliced jalapeño chiles, if desired
- In bottom of 6-quart slow cooker, place chopped onion; top with chicken breast. Season chicken with salt.
- Pour salsa verde and diced tomatoes on top of chicken. Cover; cook on High heat setting 4 hours.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks. Set slow cooker to lowest setting, and cover until ready to assemble sandwiches.
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add diced bacon and bread crumbs, stirring 2 to 3 minutes, until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- In another 1-quart saucepan, heat Cheese Sauce ingredients over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- On large buns, layer pulled chicken, cheese sauce, toasted bacon bread crumbs and pickled sliced jalapeño chiles.
Chicken Jalapeno Crockpot Recipe 3
- 3-4 boneless skinless, chicken breast
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup crispy bacon chopped
- 3-4 fresh jalapeño peppers
- Place chicken breast in the slow cooker. Season with taco seasoning (or garlic powder if you prefer)
- Wash the jalapeños and cut off the stems Remove the seeds if you want it milder, or leave if you would like a spicier dish. Cut the jalapeño peppers into small pieces, reserving one to garnish.
- Mix the jalapeños with the cream cheese.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture onto chicken.
- Cover & cook on low 4-6 hours or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
- Top with bacon, cheddar cheese, and additional sliced jalapeños. Cover & cook an additional 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Chicken Jalapeno Crockpot Recipe 4
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 4 slices bacon (cooked & diced)
- 2 jalapenos (deseeded & chopped)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (seasoned (optional))
- Place chicken breasts in a large crockpot.
- Mix all other ingredients except for bread crumbs together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Spread the cheese topping onto the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs if desired. Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 – 3 hours, low for 5-6 hours, or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of at least 170 degrees F.
- I have found that the chicken has a better consistency when cooked on high.
- Serve and enjoy!