Chicken Crockpot Recipe Tortilla Soup-Recipe 1
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed
- 1 c. frozen corn
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 15-oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. shredded Monterey jack
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 small corn tortillas, cut into strips
- Sliced avocado, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a large slow cooker, combine chicken, black beans, corn, peppers, onion, fire-roasted tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low until chicken is cooked and falling apart, 5 to 6 hours.
- Shred chicken with a fork, then top soup with Monterey Jack and cover to let melt, 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, make tortilla crisps: In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add tortilla strips and cook until crispy and golden, 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt.
- Serve soup topped with tortilla crisps, avocado, sour cream, cilantro, and lime.
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Tortilla Soup-Recipe 2
- 6 6-inch corn tortillas cut 1/4-inch strips
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic large, minced
- 1 jalapeño diced and seeded
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 14 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 can rotel
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 14.5 oz black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Cook onion, garlic and jalapeño in olive oil. Add to the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients (except tortillas and oil) to the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Shred chicken and add back to the pot. Serve with tortilla strips.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat a small pan. Add tortilla strips in small batches and fry until crisp. Drain on paper towels and salt.
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Tortilla Soup-Recipe 3
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 4 ounce can mild green chilies
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes do not drain
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 cup tortilla strips or more if desired
- Toppings such as sour cream, avocado, olives and shredded cheese
- Place the onion, bell pepper, corn, black beans, chicken, chilies, tomato sauce, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, chicken broth and salt into a slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the pot and shred with two forks. Return the chicken to the pot.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro and ladle into bowls. Top with tortilla strips and any other toppings you desire. Serve immediately.