Chicken Crockpot Recipe Stew-Recipe 1
- 2 medium sweet onions, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3-4 lbs. bone-in chicken breasts, skin removed
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon corn starch + 1 tablespoon cold water
- For garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Place onions, celery, carrots, potatoes, bay leaf, salt, paprika, thyme, and poultry seasoning in the bottom of a large slow cooker. Stir to combine.
Place chicken on top of vegetables. Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper.
- Pour chicken broth over everything, cover, and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- When there are about 30 minutes left in the cooking time, remove chicken from the slow cooker and chop or shred the meat. Return chicken meat to the slow cooker and discard bones. Discard bay leaf.
In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon of corn starch with 1 tablespoon of cold water until smooth. Stir into the stew and cook on HIGH without the lid for 30 minutes (or until broth thickens a little bit).
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, just before serving.
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Stew-Recipe 2
- 1.5 lbs boneless chicken breasts cut in cubes
- 1 cup onion chopped finely
- 1 cup russet potatoes cut in ½ inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups carrots chopped finely
- 1 1/2 cups celery chopped finely
- 15 oz can tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas Reserve until ready to eat. Omit if Whole30™
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Chop all veggies + cut raw chicken into cubes. In slow cooker insert, stir all ingredients together except peas.
- Cook on low for 6 hours. When ready to serve, stir in peas until defrosted (omit if strict paleo or Whole30™)
- Chop all veggies + cut raw chicken into cubes.
- In a large pot heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add chicken cubes in + sear for 1-2 minutes (does not have to cook through).
- Add all onion, carrots + celery. Sauté for 5 minutes until fragrant and slightly soft.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Cook on high heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat so stew comes to a simmer + cook for additional 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, stir in peas until defrosted (omit if strict paleo or Whole30™)
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Stew-Recipe 3
- 1 lb Little Potatoes I used Chilean Splash, halved or quartered if large
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 3-4 large carrots thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup cream or milk
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Add potatoes, chicken, celery, onion, carrots, garlic, salt, parsley, thyme, pepper, and broth to a 4-6 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender (this could take up to 6 hours depending on the temperature of your slow cooker — cutting them smaller will speed up cooking time).
- Set slow cooker to high. Stir together cream and corn starch and stir into slow cooker, along with Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook another 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread for dipping (the best way!).
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Stew-Recipe 4
- 3medium potatoes (about 1 lb), cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2cups baby-cut carrots
- 1package (8 oz) fresh whole mushrooms, each cut in half
- 2packages (20 oz each) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon instant chopped onion
- 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
- 1tablespoon tomato paste
- 1jar (18 oz) roasted chicken gravy
- 1/2cup dry white wine or water
- In 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, toss potatoes, carrots and mushrooms. Arrange chicken on vegetable mixture. Sprinkle salt, onion and garlic powder over chicken. Stir tomato paste into jar of gravy. Pour gravy mixture and wine over all.
- 2Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.