Chicken Crockpot Recipe Spicy-Recipe 1
- Original recipe yields 3 servings
- Ingredient Checklist
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ½ (8 ounce) jar medium salsa
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Arrange the chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker, and pour in the salsa and tomato sauce. Add the garlic and onion, and sprinkle in the cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Set the cooker on Low, and cook until the chicken is very tender, 4 to 5 hours. Shred the chicken with two forks for serving.
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Spicy-Recipe 2
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 1/4 cups (about 20 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup finely minced chipotles plus sauce from canned chipotles in adobo
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Taco fixings such as tortillas, chopped tomatoes, queso fresco, and additional cilantro, to serve.
- In the bowl of a slow cooker, combine the chicken, crushed tomatoes, chipotle peppers, garlic, honey, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, and salt.
- Cover and cook on low until the chicken can be easily shredded, about 4-5 hours.
- Shred the chicken and mix into the sauce. Stir in lime juice and chopped cilantro. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Use as a filling for enchiladas, burritos, or tacos.
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Spicy-Recipe 3
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts uncooked
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Sriracha see notes below
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar see notes below
- 1/2 cup soy sauce gluten free variety, coconut aminos, or tamari, if necessary
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Green onion thinly sliced
- Cilantro chopped
- Sesame seeds
- Grease your crockpot with cooking spray.
- Whisk together sauce ingredients: broth, honey, Sriracha, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ground ginger, and black pepper. Taste and re-season, to taste.*
- Pour half the sauce into crockpot.
- Place chicken into crockpot.
- Pour the rest of the sauce over the chicken.
- Place the lid on and cook on LOW for 3 hours.
- Start Timer
- After 3 hours, remove chicken from crockpot and set aside.
- Slowly whisk the cornstarch into the sauce until well combined.
- Cut the chicken into large chunks and place back into crockpot.
- Cook on HIGH, covered, for an additional hour***Start Timer
- Serve with your choice of rice (or quinoa) and additional toppings and enjoy!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!