Chicken Crockpot Recipe Quesadilla-Recipe 1
- Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Ingredient Checklist
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) package 8- to 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 (12 ounce) bag shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Combine enchilada sauce, water, and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise and add to the slow cooker. Cook on Low until chicken is tender, 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred using 2 forks. Mix back into the sauce in the slow cooker.
- Spoon some of the chicken mixture onto a tortilla. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Cover with another tortilla.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Slide quesadilla into the skillet. Cook until browned on both sides, 2 to 4 minutes, flipping halfway through. Repeat with remaining tortillas, chicken, and cheese.
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Quesadilla-Recipe 2
- 2 boneless skinless chicken Breasts frozen (frozen)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning (2 Tablespoons of seasoning)
- 1/2 onion chopped
- Flour Tortillas
- Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Place chicken, tomatoes, taco seasoning and onions in the crockpot. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or high 3 to 4 hours. Shred the chicken and stir.
- Heat up a skillet or a griddle. Place down one flour tortilla. Top with the cheese and the chicken mixture. Place another flour tortilla on top. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side until they are brown. Continue doing this.
- Enjoy! It is that simple and that easy to make delicious quesadillas.
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Quesadilla-Recipe 3
- 2 lb. bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 c. diced red onion
- 1/2 c. freshly chopped cilantro
- Juice and zest of 1 lime, plus wedges for garnish
- 2 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar
- 1/4 c. crumbled cotija, plus more for garnish
- 8 large flour tortillas
This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels. In a medium mixing bowl, mix chicken with 1 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Sear chicken in batches on all sides until browned but not cooked through. Add chicken, canned tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, and garlic to the bowl of a slow cooker; stir until well combined and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare pico de gallo. In a small bowl, mix together tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, 1 teaspoon lime zest and 1 tablespoon lime juice, and season with salt. Set aside. In another bowl, combine cheeses.
- Transfer chicken to a rimmed sheet pan to cool slightly; remove skin and bones. Shred chicken using 2 forks. Skim fat from braising liquid and discard. Add 1 cup braising liquid to chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-low heat and drizzle with olive oil. Add 1 flour tortilla and sprinkle with cheese mixture; add a layer of chicken and top with more cheese. Place another tortilla on top. Cook until tortilla is light golden brown and cheese begins to melt, 1 to 2 minutes, then flip and crisp other side. (If the quesadilla is browning too quickly, turn down to low heat.) Repeat steps for remaining quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into wedges and top with pico de gallo, crumbled cotija, and lime wedges.
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Quesadilla-Recipe 4
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 15-ounce can Rotel diced tomatoes (mild or medium)
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles
- 2 cups shredded mexican style cheese
- 8-12 large flour tortillas
- Add chicken, cream cheese, Rotel, and diced green chiles to a lightly greased slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low 3-4 hours.
- Remove lid from slow cooker, use 2 forks to shred chicken breasts. Stir all ingredients until creamy.
- Pre-heat a large greased pan or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle 1 tortilla evenly with shredded cheese. Spread chicken mixture evenly on top of cheese. Sprinkle a little more cheese on top of the chicken mixture. Top with a second tortilla.
- Cook the quesadilla over medium heat for about 2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. (*see note) Repeat process with remaining tortillas, cheese, and chicken mixture.
- Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to slice quesadillas into triangles. Serve warm with salsa or sour cream if desired.