Chicken Crockpot Recipe Potatoes Carrots-Recipe 1
- 1 pound baby Yukon gold potatoes — or baby red potatoes
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts — or boneless skinless thighs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic — minced, about 1 tablespoon
- 2 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt — plus additional as needed
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper — plus additional as needed
- Zest and juice of 1 medium lemon
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley — optional for serving
- Cut any potatoes that are larger than a ping pong ball into quarters; if smaller than a ping pong ball, cut in half. You want the pieces to be a rough 1-inch dice. Lay them in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Stir the carrots into the slow cooker with the potatoes, then spread them into an even layer. Arrange the chicken in the center, placing it on top of the vegetables.
In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the garlic, lemon juice and zest, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture over the top of the chicken and vegetables.
Cover the slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or low for 4 to 5 hours. (The total amount of time you need will vary based upon your slow cooker model and the size of your chicken breasts. If your slow cooker runs hot—mine often does—check early to avoid drying out the meat). The chicken is done when it reaches 165 degrees F at the center with an instant read thermometer. The moment the chicken is done cooking, remove it to a plate, and cover to keep warm. Test the vegetables to see if they are tender. If they are not yet tender, give them a stir, recover the slow cooker, then continue cooking until they are tender and pierce easily with a fork, up to 1 additional hour on high or 2 hours on low. When ready to serve, return the chicken to the slow cooker. Sprinkle the Parmesan and parsley over the top. Enjoy warm.
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Potatoes Carrots-Recipe 2
1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken tenders breasts will work fine too
1 lb. bag baby carrots
1.5 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes cut into wedges
½ cup salted butter melted
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried parsley
- Add the chicken down in the middle of the slow cooker. Add the potatoes on one side and the carrots on the other side.
- In a small bowl mix together the butter, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and parsley.
- Pour the butter mixture over the chicken and veggies.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Potatoes Carrots-Recipe 3
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 16 ounces baby red potatoes, halved
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- 16 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
For The Sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, ketchup, garlic, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes and pepper.
- Place chicken thighs, potatoes, carrots and soy sauce mixture into a 6-qt slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours, basting every hour. Add green beans during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- OPTIONAL: Preheat oven to broil. Place chicken thighs onto a baking sheet, skin side up, and broil until crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve chicken immediately with potatoes, carrots and green beans, garnished with parsley, if desired.