Chicken Crockpot Recipe Nachos-Recipe 1
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or chicken thighs)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar of salsa
- 8 ounces tortilla chips (or more, as needed)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or more, as needed)
- Additional toppings: sliced black olives, sliced green onions, guacamole, avocado, sour cream, salsa, or jalapeno peppers
Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker, sprinkle with taco seasoning, and pour salsa over top. Cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours, or on LOW for 4-6 hours. When chicken is finished cooking, shred with a fork and return to slow cooker.
- Keep chicken warm in slow cooker until ready to serve nachos.
Place tortilla chips on a large serving platter (or a rimmed baking sheet). Spoon hot, shredded chicken over tortilla chips and top with shredded cheese. The cheese will melt from the heat of the chicken; or you can place the nachos under the broiler for a few minutes to get the cheese crispy and browned on top. Garnish with additional toppings of choice!
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Nachos-Recipe 2
- 2 chicken breasts See note below
- 15.25 ounces corn drained
- 15 ounce black beans drained
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP lime
- 1.25 ounces taco seasoning
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- Tortilla Chips
- Grated Cheese
- Cilantro, diced tomatoes, sliced olives, sliced onions, diced avocado, sour cream
To Make Chicken Nachos
- Add chicken, corn, beans, salsa (or Ro-tel), honey, lime, taco seasoning to crockpot.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and add cream cheese. Replace the lid on the slow cooker. Shred chicken.
- Add chicken back to the slow cooker. Stir until cream cheese and chicken are incorporated.
To Serve as a Nacho Bar
- Leave nacho meat in the slow cooker on warm
- Set out a basket of tortilla chips. Prepare all your favorite nacho toppings. Let everyone make their own nachos exactly as they want!
To Make Sheet Pan Nachos
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easier cleanup.
- Add a layer of tortilla chips.
- Spoon cream cheese chicken mixture over chips.
- Sprinkle on extra cheese! It’s the right thing to do!
- Bake for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Nachos-Recipe 3
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 1 whole yellow onion coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 8 cups water depends on crock pot size, just fill it up to cover the chicken
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cayanne pepper
- 3 whole dried guajillo peppers
- 1 medium size bag corn tortilla chips
- 8 oz cheddar cheese grated
- 16 oz can black beans
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz mango salsa
- 4 medium avocados
- 2 tbsp pico de gallo
- Add chopped onions, garlic, chicken, seasoning, along with water and guajillo peppers in a crock pot. Let cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- When the chicken is ready preheat the oven to 350. Mash up the avocado and mix in some pico de gallo to do a quick guacamole!
- Drain the canned black beans
- Take the chicken out a shred with a fork. It should fall apart with no resistance.
- On a oven save plate, or cooking sheet, spread a layer of chips, then black beans then chicken.
- Cover it all with shredded cheese and place in the oven.
- Cook in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, serve with guacamole sour cream and salsa, I used some mango salsa. Enjoy!