Chicken Crockpot Recipe Low Sodium-Recipe 1
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium chicken broth powder, or bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped fresh
- In a small bowl, mix oregano, salt, and black pepper together, then sprinkle the mixture evenly over the chicken pieces.
- Add canola oil to a large, nonstick skillet and start heating over medium heat. When hot, add chicken pieces and brown on both sides (about 3 minutes per side).
- Place chicken pieces in slow cooker. Add water, lemon juice, garlic, and chicken broth powder to the skillet, and bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Pour the lemon juice over the chicken in
- the slow cooker and cover with lid.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for about 6 hours. Sprinkle the parsley on top of the chicken about 15-30 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Serve with cooked pasta or steamed brown rice.
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Low Sodium-Recipe 2
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (or more to taste) Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 sodium soy sauce (China Town brand has the lowest sodium I have found) or Soycup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 1/4 cup Low sodium soy sauce substitute from the files
1. Mix all sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Place chicken in slow cooker, pour sauce over top. Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours or on high 3 hours.
3. Remove chicken and chop into bite-sized pieces and cover to keep warm.
4. Meanwhile, combine 3 tablespoons water with cornstarch. Turn slow cooker up to high. Whisk cornstarch slurry into the sauce. Cover and allow to thicken, stirring occasionally (about 10 minutes). Stir chicken back into the sauce and add in green onions.
5. Serve over rice.
I used regular Heinz Ketchup and China Town soy sauce for the nutrition facts. You can make this even lower sodium by using the soy sauce substitute and no salt added ketchup.
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Low Sodium-Recipe 3
- 1 lb frozen chicken breasts or tenders
- 2-8 oz cans no salt added tomato sauce
- 1-15 oz can of low sodium pinto beans
- 1-15 oz can of no salt added diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 6 oz light beer (or non-alcoholic beer)
- Place frozen chicken breasts or tenders in bottom of Crock Pot.
- Pour in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beans, and beer.
- Add spices.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- About ½ hour before the chili is ready, break up the chicken (it’s so tender by this point that you can literally break it up with your mixing spoon), and stir everything up, then simmer for another ½ hour before serving.
- Top with cheese if you’d like and serve will crackers or tortilla chips.
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Low Sodium-Recipe 4