Chicken Crockpot Recipe Lemon Pepper-Recipe 1
- 3tablespoons butter
- 8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs (2 1/2 to 3 lb total)
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel and 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cooked white rice, if desired
- Spray 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat. Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of the lemon pepper and the salt. Place half of the chicken thighs skin-side down in skillet; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until skin is golden brown and chicken releases easily from surface. Turn chicken over; cook 2 minutes. Repeat for remaining chicken.
- Layer chicken thighs, skin-side up, inside slow cooker; sprinkle with garlic. In 2-cup measuring cup, mix chicken broth, lemon peel, lemon juice and remaining 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper; pour over chicken thighs. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until chicken is tender (at least 165°F).
- Remove chicken to serving platter; cover and keep warm. In small bowl, mix water and cornstarch; beat with whisk into cooking juices in slow cooker. Cover and cook on High heat setting 20 to 30 minutes or until slightly thickened and bubbly around edges. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Serve sauce with chicken and cooked rice.
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Lemon Pepper-Recipe 2
- 1¾ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup diced leeks
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (trim any excess fat and discard)
- 3 Tbsp. salted butter, sliced
- Add this at the end:
- 2 cups uncooked Minute Brand rice (do not use regular rice, it won’t turn out)
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, leeks, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper to the slow cooker. Stir. Add the chicken thighs into the mixture.
- Add the butter on top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- When the six hours is up, stir in the Minute Brand rice. Cover and cook for an additional 25 minutes on LOW. Serve and enjoy!
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Lemon Pepper-Recipe 3
- 5 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 lemons juiced and zested
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chicken base optional, but delicious!
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- In a large cast iron skillet add 1 tablespoon of butter to melt on medium high heat.
- Add the kosher salt, black pepper and Italian seasoning to the chicken and add it to the pan.
Cook on each side for 4-6 minutes.
- Add the chicken to your slow cooker.
- Cover with lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic and the rest of the butter in pieces (I added the lemons in the before picture just for reference. Don’t cook the lemons in the slow cooker).
Cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours.
- In a large measuring cup add the half and half, cornstarch and chicken base and whisk well.
Add the liquid, mix, and cook an additional hour on high.
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Lemon Pepper-Recipe 4
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice