Craving some potatoes on whole 30? Make this simple Indian crispy potato fry in less than 15 minutes. This is best served as a side dish with your main meal. It needs very few ingredients and is so simple to make. I can make this in my sleep 😂
You will need :
1. 4 peeled medium potatoes ( Use 2 medium sweet potatoes for paleo)
2. 1.5 tbsp Ghee
3. 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
4. 1 tsp of cumin seeds
5. 8-10 curry leaves
6. 1/4 tsp salt
7. 1 tsp red chilli powder
8. 1/2 tsp garam masala ( optional- not shown in the video)
1. Melt Ghee in the pan, keep the flame medium high.
2. When the ghee is hot, add cumin and mustard seeds. They will splutter. Keep the flame low or else the mustard seeds and cumin burn easily.
3. Add the curry leaves, and hear the pop !
4. Add the peeled and cubed potatoes, and mix well.
5. Add salt, turmeric, chilli powder and garam masala powder. Mix well.
6. Cover with a lid for 3 minutes.
7. Open the lid and turn then, as they tend to stick.
8. Cover them again for 5 minutes.
9. Open the lid and check if the potatoes are done. If not, close the lid for another minute.
10. Serve as a side dish or snack and garnish with coriander/cilantro.
This is a Whole30 recipe, not keto or lowcarb. Whole30 is a different program which allows you to eat whole foods like fruits, vegetables, unprocessed meat but completely avoid grains, sweeteners (any kind) and dairy.
Know what is Whole30 here – https://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/
I really love to connect with people. You can connect with me here :
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/whole30_indian
“Feeling Good” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License