All Ingredients and Method Below!!!
Follow me on Instagram http://www.instagram.com/primal_gourmet for food photography and more healthy & delicious recipes @primal_gourmet
If you like this video give me a “Thumbs Up”
If you loved it, hit the SUBSCRIBE button!
I read all my comments and want to hear what you think of this recipe. Especially if you plan on trying it!
Let me know what you think in the comments!
Lots of Love,
Music: Songo 21 – “Opening Para Songo 21”
This recipe is inspired by the classic Scotch Egg. However, Scotch Eggs are typically breaded and deep-fried. I really wanted to create a ‘Paleo’ version of the dish so I replaced the sausage with sweet potatoes, and the breadcrumbs with a ‘paleo’-friendly bacon.
The bacon gets really nice and crispy and replaces the crunch from the traditional breading. Also, the bacon has plenty of salt in it so there is no need to season the sweet potatoes.
For extra flavour, try garnishing with some fresh herbs or green onion, which is what I used at the end. It gives the dish some colour and a great flavour too!
Sweet potatoes are high in carbohydrates but are low-glycemic and a great source of energy for those anyone interested in eating healthy!
Eggs are high in omega-3 fatty acids and are a great source of lean protein. Just be sure to purchase free-range and organic eggs. Happy chicken = happy egg.
Bacon can be quite unhealthy if you are getting the bad stuff at the bottom of the grocery store freezer. I personally recommend eating it less often and purchasing a higher quality product that is made from pork raised without the use of antibiotics and hormones.
What is Paleo? http://cookprimalgourmet.com/what-is-the-paleo-diet
My Paleo Story: http://cookprimalgourmet.com/my-paleo-story
Paleo Recipes: http://cookprimalgourmet.com/free-paleo-recipes-primal-gourmet
1 sweet potato
3 free-range eggs
6 rashers antibiotic- and hormone-free bacon
1. Boil eggs in a large pot for exactly 6 minutes. Remove and transfer to a bowl of ice water.
2. Meanwhile, boil chopped sweet potatoes until fork tender (approximately 10-12 minutes). Drain and transfer to a bowl. Mash with the back of a fork and set aside.
3. Peel the eggs and rinse off any leftover shells – Set aside.
3. Flatten two strips of bacon side by side on a cutting board or food-safe surface.
4. Using your hands, form a ball with approximately 1/4 cup of mashed sweet potato. Indent the top of the ball with your fingers. Place a peeled, boiled egg in the indent and begin to move your hands up and down gently. The egg will begin to sink into the sweet potato and will soon be covered on all sides. Gently move the sweet potato around the curvature of the entire egg so that it is fully coated.
5. Lay the egg and sweet potato ball onto one side of the bacon and roll like a cigar.
6. Gently lay the bacon and egg bombs in a non-stick skillet over med-low heat until the bacon is cooked through and crsipy.
7. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with green onion or your choice of fresh herbs.