Spicy Chicken Curry
• 3 teaspoons canola oil
• 2 red onions, thinly sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 teaspoons minced ginger
• 1 tablespoon garam masala or curry powder
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 4 chicken breasts (I just used chicken filets)
• 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
• 1/3 cup greek yogurt
• Brown or yellow rice
• Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until softened (about 5 minutes). Add garlic, ginger, curry powder, and salt and continue stirring until fragrant. Transfer to a bowl.
• Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to skillet and cook chicken until lightly browned, about 4 minutes per side. Add broth and onion mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered until chicken is cooked through (about 15 minutes). Remove chicken to a platter.
• Bring liquid to a boil over high heat until the liquid is reduced by half (about 8 minutes). Remove skillet from heat and whisk in the yogurt until blended. Spoon sauce over chicken and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve over rice.
This recipe comes from the Weight Watchers new complete cookbook: http://amzn.to/1T6gpQm
1 chicken breast and ¼ cup sauce with ½ cup rice: 361 calories, 9g total fat, 546mg sodium, 31g total carb, 6g sugar, 3g fiber, and 38g protein.
PointsPlus Value: 9
*This post contains affiliate links