Look y’all, tacos! Fish tacos! This is 3 sp per taco, all 4 (if you’re feeling ravenous) is 13 sp!
You ever make things and get really excited about how they turn out? Please let me know if you try these! The first time I made these I used egg beaters, but all I had was regular ol’ eggs this time.
You can make ANY kind of fruit salsa with this! I’ve made mango salsa, and strawberry salsa. It’s all delicious.
DON’T FORGET THE LIME! LIke I did…
Here’s the full recipe –
Broccoli Slaw (or any kind of slaw)
For the salsa:
1 cup pineapple (fresh or canned)
1/2 cup onion (about 1/2 medium onion)
I large jalapeno
1 Fish Fillet (I suggest some type of white fish. I used Striped Pangasius/Swai Fillet)
1/4 cup Kodiak Cakes pancake/waffle mix
1/3 cup Special K Protein Cereal, crushed
1 Egg (or egg beaters)
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes* (accidentally left out of the video text :p)
3/4 tsp onion powder
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. If you do not have a grill pan, you can simply make one by folding up foil and adding it to the pan as shown. This will let the fish get crispy on all sides and prevent a soggy bottom. (tehe)
3. Mix salsa ingredients in a bowl, salt and pepper to taste, set aside.
4. Set up your dredging station (don’t forget the eggs!)
5. Get your spices together, mix well. Put half into kodiak mix, and the other half into crushed cereal.
6. Dry fish and cut it into strips (in retrospect, I could have probably made about 5 or 6 tacos our of these).
7. Dry each piece again, and then dip it into the kodiak mix, then into the egg, into the mix again, into the egg once more and then finish it off in the crushed cereal. Then set it on top of your (non-stick sprayed) grill sheet, or make-shift one.
8. Do this with each piece of fish. And then finish off with a spray of cooking spray.
9. Bake fish for 10-12 minutes, or until tender, flaky fish happens.
10. Warm tortillas, and assemble tacos.
12. Let me know you made them! Send me a picture on instagram, connect or Facebook!
My name is Julissa. I do weight watchers. I cook. I makeup. I yoga. I do stuff!
Let’s be friends!
Profile photo by: https://www.thepkphotographs.com