#veganuary ♡ Since its January, I wanted to make a nice green recipe packed with nutrients- BUT it’s also super cold here so instead of making a salad, I thought why not make a super green pasta instead! Recipe below.
♡ Check out my cookbook: https://itslivb.com/cookbook
2 cups dry pasta (use gluten-free if needed)
1 zucchini, chopped
1 cup frozen green peas
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2/3 cup coconut milk
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 cups spinach
vegan parmesan cheese for sprinkling (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and add back into pot.
2. Meanwhile, add 1 tbsp oil to a frying pan on medium heat. Add the onion, 1/2 the chopped zucchini and 1/2 of the frozen peas. Cook a few minutes until onion becomes translucent, then set aside in a separate bowl.
3. Add the frying pan back to the heat with 1 tbsp oil, minced garlic and the rest of the zucchini and frozen peas. Cook a few minutes until garlic is fragrant and just starting to brown.
4. Add coconut milk, basil, salt, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and spinach and simmer for 3 minutes until spinach is wilted. Pour into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
5. Add the reserved vegetables to the pasta pot, followed by the sauce. Stir until combined. Serve with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of vegan parmesan cheese.
♡ LETS BE FRIENDS:
Website & Blog : https://itslivb.com
Lifestyle channel: http://goo.gl/nFfTEs
♡ CAMERA: Canon 80D
♡ EMAIL (Business only): email@example.com
♡ MUSIC: epidemicsound.com
♡ FTC: not sponsored