Recipes For Dinner Healthy No Cheese-Recipe 1
- 3 medium-sized eggplants
- 6 small tomatoes
- 1 mozzarella ball/log (or 1 1/2 cups / 150 g / 1.8 oz grated mozzarella)
- 1/4 cup / 60 ml / 2 fl oz olive oil
- fine sea salt
- ground pepper
- fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F / 200°C / gas mark 6 and line a baking sheet/tray with parchment/baking paper or a silicone mat.
- Cut the eggplants lengthwise into two halves.
- Place the eggplant halves onto the baking sheet. Arrange them without touching, so that hot air can circulate. Brush generously with olive oil and season each half with fine sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minute. The eggplant should be soft inside and with crispy edges.
- While the eggplant is roasting, cut the tomatoes and mozzarella cheese into small slices.
- Then remove the eggplant halves from the oven. Top with tomato slices and mozzarella. Add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Bake for another 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the tomatoes are soft.
- Optionally, top the baked eggplants with fresh basil before serving.
Recipes For Dinner Healthy No Cheese-Recipe 2
- 3/4 lb rigatoni
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 lb Italian sausage (mild, sweet, or spicy will work)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Handful fresh basil, chopped
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add oil to a large, wide pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add in the onion and crushed red pepper and cook until the onion is very soft, about 10 minutes. Add in the sausage and, using a wooden spoon, break it into small pieces. Cook until sausage is brown and no pink color remains.
- Add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Stir in the tomato paste.
- Add in the tomatoes and wine (or stock) and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to burst and give off their juices, about 10 minutes. Use a wooden spoon to gently press the tomatoes if they’re not bursting on their own. Stir in the zucchini and cook for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the rigatoni into the boiling water and cook for 9 to 10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Toss the pasta immediately into the pot with the sauce and stir well to combine. Add in some of the reserved cooking water, if needed. Finally, stir in the basil.
- Remove from heat and divide among serving bowls. Top with cheese and serve at once!
Recipes For Dinner Healthy No Cheese-Recipe 3
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, split
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, split
- 1 handful fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons pecorino romano or parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 jar Bertolli® Organic Traditional Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 1 jar Bertolli® Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Cut the ends off of the eggplant. Slice into 1/4-inch slices to make around 10 slices of eggplant. Arrange sliced eggplant on paper towels. Sprinkle both sides with salt and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Rinse the salt from eggplant and pat dry with paper towels. Arrange the eggplant slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush the slices with olive oil on both sides. Bake the eggplant in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, egg, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese, chopped spinach, pecorino romano cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- In another large bowl, combine the Bertolli® Organic Traditional Tomato & Basil Sauce and the Bertolli® Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce to make the Rosa sauce. Spoon 2 cups of the Rosa sauce into the bottom of a large baking dish.
- To prepare the rollatini, place a heaping spoonful the ricotta mixture onto the thinner end of each slice of eggplant. Roll the eggplant around the cheese mixture. Repeat with the remaining eggplant. Place the rollatinis into the prepared baking dish. Spoon additional sauce over each rollatini and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Recipes For Dinner Healthy No Cheese-Recipe 4
- 15 mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic chopped
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon black pepper freshly ground
- 8 oz cream cheese) softened
- ¼ cup italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- Fresh parsley chopped, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cut the stems off of each of the mushrooms and finely chop them, setting the mushroom caps aside for later.
- Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Cook the chopped stems with the garlic, salt, and pepper for about six to eight minutes, constantly stirring. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine cooked stems, cream cheese, breadcrumbs, half of the parmesan, parsley, salt, and pepper, mixing until evenly combined. The mixture should be extremely thick.
- Space out the mushroom caps evenly on a baking sheet, upside down. Spoon a generous amount of the cream cheese mixture on top of each mushroom.
- Top each mushroom with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of parsley, then serve!