Stay Sweet, SUBSCRIBE: http://s.wilton.com/10vmhuv
Learn how to make a delicious Strawberry Lemonade Poke Cake that’s an easy treat for your 4th of July celebration or a summer birthday party! This easy cake recipe is made by poking holes in the baked cake and then covering it with a sweet gelatin and fresh fruit mixture.
1 package (15.25 ounces) white cake mix
1 cup milk
½ cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon lemon zest (from 1 large lemon)
8 ounces fresh strawberries (about 2 cups)
½ cup water
¼ cup lemon juice, divided
1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin mix
1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
13 x 9 Oblong Cake Pan: http://bit.ly/2sOItBj
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 9 in. x 13 in. pan with vegetable pan spray.
2) In large bowl, beat cake mix, milk, vegetable oil, eggs and lemon zest with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
3) Bake 27-29 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on cooling grid.
4) In large saucepan, heat strawberries, water and 2 tablespoons lemon juice on medium-low heat until strawberries are softened, about 10 minutes. Pour mixture into food processor and pulse until all strawberries are pureed. Add gelatin; pulse until thoroughly combined.
5) Using a lollipop stick or fork, poke holes in cake approximately 1 inch apart. Slowly pour strawberry liquid evenly over cake; wrap with plastic and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
6) In large bowl, beat cream and confectioners’ sugar to soft peaks. Add remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Cover cake with whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Want more tips? Subscribe: http://s.wilton.com/10vmhuv
Find a class that’s right for you: http://bit.ly/2j9gYOR
Let’s stay in touch!
SUBSCRIBE TO EMAIL: http://bit.ly/2nexo7w