Chicken Crockpot Recipe Under 3 Hours-Recipe 1
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts 2 pounds
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha depending on how spicy you would like this
- 2 scallions sliced thin, divided (white parts for cooking, green for serving)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstrach
- sesame seeds for garnish if desired
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl whisk together soy sauce, honey, hoisin, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, sriracha and the white parts only of the scallions.
- Pour the sauce mixture ontop of the chicken and cook for 2-3 hours on low. (Cooking time depends on the thickness of your chicken. My chicken breasts were pretty small and took 2 1/2 hours.)
- Remove the chicken from the liquid and place on a plate or cutting board. Allow the chicken to rest for a couple of minutes and then shred with two forks or slice it up with a knife.
- Transfer the liquid from the slow cooker to a small saucepan.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons of water with 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. Slowly add the cornstarch mixture to the sauce.
- Cook on high until bubbly and thickened, whisking constantly. Pour the sauce back in the slow cooker along with the shredded chicken and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately with sesame seeds and green onions for garnish.
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Under 3 Hours-Recipe 2
For the Crockpot Chicken
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Place a single, even layer of chicken breasts into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with anything you desire, like salt, pepper, seasonings, herbs, etc.
- Cook on low for approximately 3 hours* until the chicken reaches 165F on a digital thermometer. It is now ready to eat and be used in recipes.
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Under 3 Hours-Recipe 3
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 16 ounces baby red potatoes, halved
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- 16 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
For The Sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, ketchup, garlic, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes and pepper.
- Place chicken thighs, potatoes, carrots and soy sauce mixture into a 6-qt slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours, basting every hour. Add green beans during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- OPTIONAL: Preheat oven to broil. Place chicken thighs onto a baking sheet, skin side up, and broil until crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve chicken immediately with potatoes, carrots and green beans, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Under 3 Hours-Recipe 4
- Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, low sodium (see note)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Crockpot Chicken and Vegetables
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 1 pound baby red potatoes
- 1 pound carrots, peeled
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- fresh parsley, chopped, for serving optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, garlic, soy sauce, oregano and ketchup.
- Add the chicken thighs, potatoes, carrots and onions to a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Pour the honey garlic sauce mixture evenly on top.
- Cover the slow cooker and seal the lid. Cook on a LOW setting for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-3 1/2 hours (see note).
- About 20 minutes before serving, add the green beans to the slow cooker and optional cornstarch slurry to the sauce.
- Re-seal the lid and cook for 15-20 minutes more until the green beans are tender and the sauce is starting to thicken.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables to serving plates using a slotted spoon. Optional: Broil the chicken thighs for 2-3 minutes to brown the skin.
- Drizzle sauce on top of chicken and vegetables. Garnish with optional minced parsley.