Chicken Crockpot Recipe Uncooked Rice-Recipe 1
- 4 pounds chicken breasts, skinless
- 1 1/2 cups white rice, uncooked
- 1 can cream of mushroom seasoned with garlic soup
- 1 can cream of chicken with herbs soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 soup can of water or milk
- 4 ounces can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 envelope onion soup mix, divided
- Paprika for garnish
- Coat crock pot insert with non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium sauce pan, stir together soups, water, 1 tablespoon of onion soup mix, and butter over medium heat until combined and butter has melted. Set aside.
- Place uncooked rice into prepared crock pot. Pour 2/3 of soup mixture over rice and stir well to combine. Place chicken breasts on top of rice mixture and spread mushrooms on top of the chicken. Pour remaining soup mixture over chicken breasts and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle remaining dried onion soup over chicken breasts. Garnish with paprika.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 6Â½ hours. Do not remove cover for the first 2 hours to prevent heat loss. After first 2 hours of cooking time, remove cover and stir quickly to allow excess liquid to mix with
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Uncooked Rice-Recipe 2
- 3 lb skinless chicken breasts boneless cubed
- 21.5 oz cream of chicken soup (2-10.75 oz cans)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup long grain rice uncooked (long cooking rice, not minute rice)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put all your ingredients in a large bowl, mix well and pour into your slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours, stirring well every hour or so until your chicken and rice are both done
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Uncooked Rice-Recipe 3
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice — do not substitute any other kind of rice, including short grain, instant, or white, as the cooking time and liquid ratios will not be the same
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots — about 4 medium
- 1 small shallot — finely chopped, about 1/4 cup (you can also use 1/2 of a small regular onion, though I prefer the more mild flavor of the shallot since it isn’t precooked)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts — (or chicken thighs)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1/2–3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese — divided (I love white cheddar for this)
- Chopped fresh parsley — optional for serving
- Lightly coat a 5-quart or larger slow cooker with nonstick spray. Add the rice, carrots, shallot, and Dijon mustard, and stir to combine. Arrange the chicken breasts on top, then sprinkle with the garlic powder, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pour in the chicken broth. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken into a plate and cover to keep warm. Stir the rice, vegetables, and broth, then re-cover and continue cooking on high until the rice is tender, about 1 additional hour.*
- Uncover and stir in the peas and Greek yogurt. Dice the chicken and stir it in with 1/4 cup cheddar cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, then re-cover and cook for a few additional minutes on high until the cheese is melted. Serve warm, sprinkled with fresh parsley as desired.
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Uncooked Rice-Recipe 4