Chicken Crockpot Recipe Low Fat-Recipe 1
- 24 oz 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast
- 14.4 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 oz frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 14.4 oz can fat free chicken broth
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper, to taste
- salt to taste
- Combine chicken broth, beans (drained), corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock pot.
- Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top.
- Cook on low for 8 – 10 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
- Thirty minutes before serving, remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning to taste.
- Serve over rice or tortillas and with your favorite toppings.
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Low Fat-Recipe 2
- 6 chicken breasts
- 10 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 3 lemons (sliced)
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Place half of the lemons and garlic in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and thyme and place on top of lemons and garlic.
- Cover chicken with remaining lemon slices and garlic, and pour broth over everything.
- Cover and cook on low about 4-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through. Liquid from slow cooker can be strained and served over chicken.
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Low Fat-Recipe 3
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (about 28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- Add the mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, celery, crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning and garlic powder and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours. (Mine was done in 5 hours, so I flipped the setting to warm until dinnertime.)
Chicken Crockpot Recipe Low Fat-Recipe 4
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Whisk together the garlic, basil, soy sauce, ketchup, and honey.
- Add the chicken to the crockpot. Pour the sauce over and mix everything together.
- Cook on low for 2.5-3 hours in most slow cookers until the chicken breast is cooked through. Remove using a slotted spoon. If you leave the chicken breasts whole, this may take slightly longer.
- Mix the cornstarch with a touch of water (about 1 tablespoon) and add it to the slow cooker. Let cook for 15-20 minutes until it is nicely thickened Add the chicken back to the crockpot and serve.
- Mix the cornstarch with an equal amount of water. Pour the leftover cooking liquid into a small sauce pan. Add the cornstarch slurry and bring to a boil. Cook for 4-5 minutes until thickened.