Whole30 on a Budget -Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
$4.12 per serving
Whole30 Trader Joe’s Haul – Shopping List + Recipe Ideas- https://youtu.be/EBUiG4QHAwQ
Korean Beef Cauliflower Bowls- https://youtu.be/gVky-luI1p4
2 sweet potatoes peeled and large cubed
4 cups cold water
4 tablespoons ghee
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 Onion Finely Chopped
2 Stalks Celery, finely chopped
1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
1 pound ground beef ( or your choice of meat)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves (or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme)
2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
1. Preheat oven to 375℉.
2. In a large pot, place sweet potatoes and bring cold water to a boil. Cook until fork tender
3. Drain water from pot with potatoes and away from the heat add 2 tablespoons of ghee and 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
4. Mash potatoes with a potato masher, fork or blender or food processor for a creamier texture.
5. Place potatoes in a separate bowl and set aside.
6. Since pot and return to the stove
7. Add remaining 2 tablespoons of ghee to pot
8. Add the onions, celery and carrots and cook for 5 minutes stirring constantly
9. Add ground beef and garlic, cook until ground beef is no longer pink (7-10 minutes)
10. Season beef and veggie mixture with salt, pepper, thyme, and oregano
11. Let Mixture cool for 5 minutes
12.Spoon the veggie and meat mixture onto the bottom of a 9×12 inch baking dish
13. Spread the mashed potatoes over the top of the meat and vegetable mixture.
14. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, allowing the top to brown slightly.
15. Cut into slices and enjoy
*This dish is an excellent one to meal prep
Say hi on Social
#whole30 #whole30recipes #whole30shepherdpie